As I sit here and reflect on how fast the last year has gone it is just mind boggling. I swear just yesterday it was the beginning of 2007. There have been many changes in the last year especially with the kids. It always amazes me the changes that each one goes through in the span of a year.
Logan had a great time playing baseball. From when high school ball started in February to American Legion ball ending at the very end of July, somewhere crammed in the middle was also city ball, it was lots of fun at the ball park. The day after his last game he told me that he was ready to start it all over again. The boy lives and breaths baseball. Well don't think that he got much of a rest because the week after baseball finished he had a marching camp for band and then the next week football started. This was his first year playing high school ball as he had not played the last 2 years. After the first week I think he was questioning whether he had made a smart choice in playing this year as football is quite a bit more physical then baseball. All I can say is that he loved his coaches and the boys on the team and had a great season...well not a winning one but a fun one. He is now just busy with band and playing at the basketball games. That and hitting on the ladies as he tells me...teenage boys what can I say.
Elyssa also had a fun time playing ball this summer with the city. She has decided to continue dancing this year. She cut back on what classes she is taking and is not on a full competition team but seems very happy with her teacher, last year we struggled with that. She is going lyrical, jazz and hip hop all her favorites. She was really really excited that there was no ballet in the forecast for this year. She also decided to switch band instruments this year. So she gave up the clarinet and is now also playing the trumpet. She is much happier about band and will actually practice...YEAH!! She is still my sweet little girl, even though she is turning into a teenager more and more everyday. I keep telling her that she is giving me grey hairs and she needs to stop it! She laughs at that one. I am however working on how to get her to keep her room clean...a never ending process I am afraid.
Aiden is getting bigger and bigger everyday. My baby is not too much of a baby anymore. I keep telling him that he needs to stay little and he informs me that he wants to be a big boy but that he won't get any bigger then he is now. He is such a sweet little guy and I am so blessed to have him in my life and in our home. He is my sanity in this sometimes crazy life of having teenagers. With him it is still cool to hang out with mom and give her kisses and tell her that she is loved. I cherish those moments as I know they won't last forever because he will one day also be a teenager.
As for me and this last year I was called to be the Young Women’s secretary in June and have loved the calling. I just wish I could make it to more church meetings then I am able to. I am still working in dispatch and love everyday as each one brings on new calls and new stories to shake our heads about, some in a good funny way and others in a sad way. So I have also decided to make a few resolutions for this new year and I am hoping that they will all be attainable:
1~ To hug and kiss my kids everyday and let them know that I love them
2~ Be happy, think positive and just smile more
3~ Enjoy everyday and have fun
4~ Start working on my scrapbooks, instead of just buying stuff for them
5~ Start exercising and eating right
6~ To only compare me with me
7~ Attend as many church meetings as I can and pay a full tithing
8~ To get my lawn and yard back in order
Have a wonderful 2008!
Tuesday, January 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
You go girl! Your New Years res. are awesome! I've come up with a few of my own, and instead of just thinking about them I'm going to print them out and put them on my underwear drawer. (I chose my drawer because, hopefully, I'll be putting on clean underwear everyday and I'll at least see it while it's still in a sort of private place!) I love you and wish your family the best in the new year!
By the way, cute colors on your blog! I like the different font colors and how they match your paper! Aren't you crafty!
Heather, very good resolutions. I think you motivated me to make some....I was feeling lazy and not wanting to make any.
Thanks guys! Farah what a good idea on where to put them so they are seen everyday! I may just have to be a little copy cat...lol
Post a Comment