Can I just say as a mother that this morning as I watched Logan and Farahlyn (yes I know I am not your mother but big sis counts right?) cross the finish line after running 9.3 miles how much love and amazement I felt. It is always wonderful to watch your kids grow and accomplish new things but I can honestly say that running almost 1/3 of a marathon was not one that I would be a witness to. About 2 weeks ago Farahlyn talked Logan into running the Hyrum 4th of July run with her. Let me tell you that Logan's training is pretty much just the running that he has been doing in baseball this summer and Farahlyn said that her training has not been near what it should have been (I think she said that about a week ago she ran 4-5 miles). So to watch them finish with the times that they did was just awesome. Logan had a time of 1:21:33 and took 23rd in his age group of 15-19 and Farahlyn has a time of 1:18:00 and was 17th in her age group of 30-35. Overall Farahlyn came in 191 and Logan was 236 out of the 528 people that ran the race. Logan said after that he will 'never do this again' with a smile on his face so we will see if Farahlyn will be able to talk him into another one or not....
Saturday, July 4, 2009
9.3.....say what....MILES????
Can I just say as a mother that this morning as I watched Logan and Farahlyn (yes I know I am not your mother but big sis counts right?) cross the finish line after running 9.3 miles how much love and amazement I felt. It is always wonderful to watch your kids grow and accomplish new things but I can honestly say that running almost 1/3 of a marathon was not one that I would be a witness to. About 2 weeks ago Farahlyn talked Logan into running the Hyrum 4th of July run with her. Let me tell you that Logan's training is pretty much just the running that he has been doing in baseball this summer and Farahlyn said that her training has not been near what it should have been (I think she said that about a week ago she ran 4-5 miles). So to watch them finish with the times that they did was just awesome. Logan had a time of 1:21:33 and took 23rd in his age group of 15-19 and Farahlyn has a time of 1:18:00 and was 17th in her age group of 30-35. Overall Farahlyn came in 191 and Logan was 236 out of the 528 people that ran the race. Logan said after that he will 'never do this again' with a smile on his face so we will see if Farahlyn will be able to talk him into another one or not....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Cute pics! That would have been fun to see (notice how I didn't say fun to RUN?)!
Sad we missed it but good job Logan and Farah!
Post a Comment