Wednesday, October 10, 2007

How smart am I?????

So I learned a very valuable lesson on Monday. It is knives are sharp and they will cut you if you are not careful. You are probably thinking DUH Heather!!! and I personally am thinking the same thing. Let me tell you what happened....I had made french bread pizza for dinner and while it was cooking I remembered that I had garlic bread in the freezer and that would go nice with the pizza. So I take out the bread and there are 6 pieces that are stuck together (not all together just 3 sets of 2). So me in all my brightness thought oh I will use the knife that I cut the french bread with to pry apart the stuck together pieces. I need to say here that this knife is a brand new bread knife that I have only used for the first time that day. Farahlyn gave it to me this past summer when I was at her house and JD had a bread basket delivered for him from Great Harvest Breads, she already had one (or 2) and so she asked if I wanted it. So back to the story...So I get the knife between the first 2 slices of bread that are stuck together just enough so that I can twist the knife enough to pop them apart. Yahoo! So I continue on and the second time goes just as good as the first. I am doing this on my last 2 pieces that are stuck together. Get the knife in the bread just so and twist it but the knife slips all the way through the bread and down the side of my middle finger. It took off just a sliver of my finger nail but with that finger nail went the whole side of the finger next to it. So here I am with garlic butter fingers bleeding all over the sink. Needless to say that it was not one of my brighter moments. So I decided to take a few picture of my "smartness" and post them, as Farahlyn wanted to see just what I had done. I just wish I could say that the pictures do it justice but they don't. It is hard to tell just how gross it really is. So here is my finger a day and a half later.....







Please send any donations to the 'Heather's Finger Memorial Fund' otherwise known as 'HFMF'...LOL! No it still hurts a little, unless I have just accidentally just hit it on something. So there is my smartness in a nut shell. If any of you know of any 'How to use a knife properly' classes please let me know.

4 comments:

Farahlyn said...

I'd like to donate to HFMF, I have a third Great Harvest Bread Knife that maybe has a better ora than the last one! By the way, the extreme up-close is distgusting! But I hope that it's healing without infection, or else we'll have to start the HMFF - Heather's Missing Finger Fund!

Farahlyn said...

This is from Gabe to Aiden - your so funny, please come to my house and play WII with me!

To Logan and Elyssa - I miss you!

k8shoe said...

OH MY! Ouch! Sean is always lecturing me about the way I cut things and how I do it in a way that will possibly cut my fingers off. Yikes, maybe I'll start listening to him.

Heather said...

I just cannot wait until it is healed enough that when I accidently hit it on something it does not hurt like...well you know. At least it has stopped bleeding though. I also have come to realize just how much you use your middle finger (other then expressing certain feelings of rage) in everyday use. Lets just say that typing is a challange as that is my D & E finger! YEP it SUCKS!!