Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Cyst free!!

I finally had those 3 little cysts that were in the corner of my right eye lid removed. I now have wonderful stitches, have to put up with wearing my glasses for a week and a nice swollen eye for the effort.


I keep telling people that Logan hit me because I told him he couldn't do something but after their look of shock I start to laugh and have to tell them the uneventful truth. The truth being that I almost chickened out in getting it done. I show up for my appointment at 11 am and the Dr's office lobby is full. So after sitting there for 40 minutes the girl finally comes and gets me and we go back to a room where I inform her that I seriously thought about leaving...hahaha! So I then get to sit in the chair of pain (this is what I am going to think of it every time I go have my eyes looked at from now on) for another 15-20 minutes before the Dr comes in. Well when we finally get started I sit back and close my eyes because I so do not want to watch or see anything sharp coming close to my eye. The doc informs me that he will be giving me some little shots to get the area numb. Little prick here and there and then he pries my eye open and I see the wonderful needle across my eye and he is injecting the stuff into the corner of my eye lid....OMG!!! OUCH!!!! Made me almost lose my breath! OKAY! The worst is over I am all numbed (felt like your lips do when you come out of the dentist only in my eye) and now I have to listen to the sound of the little scissors cutting away pieces of my eye lid & then there was the wonderful searing sound of what...I have not a clue...ever he was using I think to help w/the bleeding. Really was wishing I would have taken one of the kids IPODS with me. But hey it is now over and I am thinking why didn't I do it years ago when there was only 1 cyst and would not have been so bad. Note to self DO NOT PUT OFF THINGS LIKE THIS! Easier said then done I am sure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is scary! I am glad you didn't "shoot your eye out" as they say on A Christmas Story. I am sure that you are relieved to have it all over.

Heather said...

Okay looking at this picture has made me realize that my first order of business when I get my stitches out will be to have my eyebrows waxed! Holy hair, Batman!!!!

k8shoe said...

OUCH! I cannot imagine having stitches that close to my eye. You are a brave woman!

k8shoe said...

Cute background, p.s.!

Farahlyn said...

By what you said on the phone, I exspected much worse! I think it looks much better than the syst! But having needles next to the eye - definately not fun. Dr. C's lasik patients said that the hardest part of having lasik was a) having to keep your eye open for 60 sec. and b) having to watch the laser come at your eye! So way to go!