Friday, March 7, 2008

Baseball has begun

Today was Logan's first baseball game and I am just so thankful that it was not snowing this year. They played Madison which is the high school from Rexburg. They were able to hold them for the first 2 innings and then they got one in on us during the third. We scored 2 right away in the first inning and didn't get another one in until the 7th when Logan had a very nice RBI. I am sad to say that Madison ended up winning as they scored 2 in the 5th and 3 more in the 7th. Final score was Burley 3 Madison 6. The boys didn't look to bad for a first game in the freezing Idaho weather. Logan started out in right field and during the 3rd inning when our first baseman got ejected from the game for running over the catcher on his way home they put Logan at first. He stayed there for a few innings and ended the game out in left field. The game was supposed to be a double header but due to our lighting situation at the field they were only able to get in one full inning before they called it due to darkness. Logan was the starting picture and did quite well for the one inning that he had. The score of that big game...lol...was 0 to 0.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't say that I am all that upset about the score, since Madison High is where Adam graduated from...but I am glad that Logan enjoys baseball so much. We are dying for Spring to get here, and if you checked out my dad's blog you can see that baseball is on his mind as well. Great pics! Oh, I went and saw Step Up 2 last night...way cool dancing and music, go see it ;-)

Farahlyn said...

Logan is in heaven now, right? Baseball season has arrived! He looks way good, I can't believe what a looker he is! I think he gets it from our side of the family, he he :) Email me his schedule and we'll come to as many games as we can!

Farahlyn said...

By the way, Jim took the personlaity quiz and he was yellow too! Mom was intially brown, then retook it and was green, Brian was red (big shock) June was orange, and Jenny was blue. We all stood around Moms computer on Jacees b-day and did the quiz. Have a great one!