It has been awhile since Logan was in the ER but Wednesday night we were back in there. He had cut his finger at baseball practice (on a broken bat of all things) and when he came home he asked if it needed stitches. I looked at it briefly (while I was making dinner) and said no. At the time it only looked like a little more then a paper cut. Well a few hours later he asked again if I was sure it didn't need stitches. This time he pulled it apart and I then realized just how deep it was. Well we decided that we had better at least have it looked at. We got to the ER at about 9:40 had the pleasure of sitting in the waiting room with all kinds of sick people for an hour. They then came out and got us and stuck us in a room where one of the EMTs took his vitals and we then got to wait for about another hour and a half and they moved us again. By this time it was getting close to midnight. As you can see he was just thrilled to still be there.
Logan and I had been having a conservation about the shot he was going to have to get to numb his finger and he tried to tell me that he didn't need a shot because he hates needles. So I asked him if he would rather have 1 poke or 6. He thought about this for a minute and then decided on one. When the nurse came over to ask a few more questions she overheard our conservation and told Logan she would make sure that the Dr. used the biggest needle that they have. Just after that Logan declared that in 5 minutes we were leaving and that he was wrong to think that he might need stitches. Well the 5 minutes passed and he told me that it was time to leave. 2 minutes later the Dr. finally came in, he thanked us for being so patient...at this I had to laugh because Logan really didn't want to be there anymore. He looked at the finger and said that yes we need stitches. He then pulled out the needle and the stuff to numb it and Logan saw it and said, "That is HUGE!". I was lucky enough to have my camera in my purse and thank goodness for the video option on it as I was fortunate enough to record Logan getting his shot. So here is my big tough 16 yr old getting a little shot in his finger....
He ended up w/3 stitches. I was hoping to get it all on film but my batteries pooped out on me. So here is the finished product.



3 comments:
That video is priceless! Tell Logan to quit being such a baby...I just got 2 moles removed resulting in 6 stitches total and I didn't even flinch. Guys are big wimps when it comes to pain. Anyway, I hope it heals soon and doesn't effect his baseball season much.
Baseball is a very tough sport. If you were a Cubs fan this probably wouldn't happen, Logan. This isn't going to cause you to miss play is it? -
Ouch! Stitches (and a shot) in a finger would hurt! I feel your pain Logan!
Post a Comment